The River Valley School District Nursing Services include:
- Population screenings - vision, hearing, blood pressure
- Health education and promotion
- Oversee the administration of medication
- Creation and coordination with students, parents, and staff regarding individual and emergency health plans
- Provision of referrals to community agencies
- Development and maintenance of nursing and health related policies and procedures
- Participation in IEP and 504
- Participation in the District Wellness Committee
- Development of Individual Health Plans
- Staff development related to health needs and communicable diseases
- Enforcement of the student immunization law requirements
- Collaboration with the local health departments in communicable diseases control and intervention
- Collaboration with community partners for the provision of prevention programs and health lessons
- Education and training for staff of emergency medication and action plans
- Preparation of emergency plans for student who participate in sports
- Preparation of all school fieldtrips and overnights
Janelle Sivam RN, BSN
Phone: 608-588-2559 or 608-588-2556
Monday - Friday, 7:30 am - 4:00 pm
Primary schools are RV Middle School, RV Elementaries in Spring Green, Lone Rock, and Plain.
Also provides coverage to RV High School and Arena Elementary on Tuesdays and Fridays.
Kelly Deterding RN, BSN
Marcia Creasey RN, BSN
Kelly and Marcia job share. Hours are Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 7:30 am - 4:00 pm.
Primary schools are RV High School and Arena Elementary
Heather travels among all buildings. Hours are Monday through Friday, 7:30 am - 4:00 pm.