RTI Structure Chart RTI Flow Chart
Tier 1 - Universal Curriculum
Step 1: Determine the need for a student intervention plan
- Identify academic or behavior skill deficit
- Academic/Behavior Concern: Fill out Academic Behavior Checklist
- Reading Concern: Review standardized and classroom assessments
- Mathematics Concern: Review standardized and classroom assessments
- Identify social or emotional concern here.
Step 2: Develop a student intervention plan (Begin Student Intervention Plan form)
- Prioritize are of concern/skill deficit and select 1-2 strategies.
Step 3: Implement & Monitor Student Intervention Plan
- Implement 1-2 interventions for the area(s) of concern for a minimum of 4 weeks.
- Document implementation and results of the intervention using appropriate form:
Step 4: Review progress and determine success of the intervention. Summarize results on summary portion of Student Intervention Plan form.
- Continue intervention until the intervention is no longer needed or a new intervention needs to be put in place.
- Intervention did not work. Complete a second intervention or (after 2 failed interventions) refer to BIT team.
Step 5: Referral to Building Intervention Team
- If there is little success in the skill deficit after no less than 2 interventions (minimum of 8 weeks of interventions), submit a referral (using the link below) to the BIT Team.
BIT Referral Form